Eastern Railway (ER), one of India’s oldest zones and headquartered at Kolkata was the first to announce changes with regard to its timetable in the 2014-15 Indian Railways all-India new train timetable. Here are those details along with the timetable changes and additions announced by East Coast Railway (ECoR) headquartered at Bhubaneshwar and is one of India’s premium freight zones.
New Trains Operated by Eastern Railway in the 2014-15 Timetable
Date of Introduction of all new trains will be notified later.
13063/13064 Kolkata Howrah – Balurghat – Howrah Biweekly Express (ER)
- 13063 express will run from Kolkata Howrah HWH to Balurghat BLGT West Bengal on all Mondays and Tuesdays. Timetable: Departure from HWH: 0715, MLDT: 1600, arrives BLGT: 1915 (Mon, Tue).
- 13064 express will run from Balurghat BLGT West Bengal to Kolkata Howrah HWH on all Mondays and Tuesdays. Timetable: Departure from BLGT at 2015, MLDT: 2315, arrives HWH at 0640 (Tue, Wed).
Route and Stoppages: Malda Town
13429/13430 Malda Town – Delhi Anand Vihar T – Malda Town Weekly Express (ER)
- 13429 ANVT Express will run between Malda Town MLDT and Delhi Anand Vihar Terminus ANVT via Patna, Amethi every Friday from January 09 2015 onwards. Timetable: Departs MLDT: 0905 (Fri), BGP: 1258, KIUL: 1520, PNBE: 1820, MGS: 2312, BSB: 0150 (Sat), AME: 0325, LKO: 0550, BE: 0958, MB: 1140, arrives ANVT: 1435 (Sat).
- 13430 MLDT Express will run between Delhi Anand Vihar Terminus ANVT and Malda Town MLDT via Amethi, Patna every Saturday from January 10 2015 onwards. Timetable: Departs ANVT: 1710 (Sat), MB: 2040, LKO: 0305 (Sun), RBL: 0430, BSB: 0900, MGS: 1010, PNBE: 1400, KIUL: 1630, BGP: 1850, SBG: 2035 arrives MLDT: 2350 (Sun).
Composition: 01 AC 2 tier, 02 AC 3 tier, 07 Sleeper Coaches, 06 General Unreserved, 02 SLRs (18 coaches).
Route and Stoppages: Sahibganj, Bhagalpur, Jamalpur, Kiul, Hathidah, Bhaktiyarpur, Patna, Danapur, Ara, Buxar, Mughalsarai, Varanasi, Pratapgarh, Amethi, Rae Bareli, Lucknow Charbagh NR, Hardoi, Bareilly, Moradabad, Hapur, Ghaziabad.
Type: Express | Fare: Express | Halts: 21 | Distance: 1412 | Time: 1d5h30m/1d6h40m | Speed: 47/46 kph
Train Verdict: Another very average weekly service connecting UP Bihar to Delhi, which will invariably run hours late. There already runs a biweekly service 14003/4 on the same route and timings, so why complicate matters with another new train with a different number? Why not just convert the above one into a triweekly or even a daily as the route is much sensible? And surprisingly, no halt has been given at Farakka!
New Express Trains Owned by East Coast Railway 2014-15 Timetable
22801/22802 Visakhapatnam – Chennai Central – Vishakhapatnam Weekender Superfast Express (ECoR)
- 22801 SF Express will run from Visakhapatnam VSKP to Chennai Central MAS on all Fridays via New Guntur. Timetable: VSKP departure: 1900 (Fri), SLO: 2124, BZA: 0055 (Sat), NGNT: 0142, OGL: 0400, GDR: 0642, MAS arrival: 0935 (Sat).
- 22802 SF Express will run from Chennai Central MAS to Visakhapatnam VSKP on Saturdays via New Guntur. Timetable: MAS departure: 2110 (Sat), GDR: 2335, TEL: 0245 (Sun), NGNT: 0332, BZA: 0500 (Sun), RJY: 0722, VSKP arrival: 1130 (Sun).
Composition: 01 AC 2 tier, 03 AC 3 tier, 07 Sleeper Coaches, 06 General Unreserved, 02 SLRs (19 coaches)
Route and Stoppages: Duvvada, Ankapalle, Annavaram, Samalkot Jn, Rajahmundry, Tadepalligudem, Eluru, Vijayawada, New Guntur, Tenali, Ongole, Nellore, Gudur, Sullurupeta.
Type: Express | Fare: Superfast | Distance: 804 | Halts: 14 | Time: 14:20 | Speed: 56 kph
Train Verdict: Decent schedule on days much needed, though it would have made more sense the other way around. Can be expected to be made a daily in the near future with more reserved coaches. Also the latest train to be routed through the detour of New Guntur, thereby serving both Vijayawada and Guntur on the way to Chennai from Vizag.
Visakhapatnam – Paradeep – Vishakhapatnam Weekly Superfast Express (ECoR)
Paradip – Kolkata Santragachhi – Paradip Weekly Superfast Express (ECoR)
New Passenger Trains Owned by East Coast Railway 2014-15 Timetable
Sambalpur – Bhawanipatna – Sambalpur Daily Passenger (ECoR)
Visakhapatnam – Gunupur – Vishakhapatnam Daily passenger (ECor)
Rourkela – Sambalpur – Rourkela 6 Days a Week Passenger (ECoR)
Extension of Service Routes of Existing ER Trains
37315 Kolkata Howrah – Tarakeswar Local (ER)
Extended 25 km to Arambagh PC Sen AMBG from Tarakeshwar TAK from September 01 2014 onwards.
Extended 11 km to Hasnabad Jn HNB from Basirhat BSHT from September 01 2014 onwards.
Extended 25 km to Ranaghat Jn RHA from Kalyani Jn KYI from September 01 2014 onwards.
Withdrawal of Services of Running ER Trains
13039/13040 Kolkata Howrah – Old Delhi – Kolkata Howrah Janata Express (ER)
- 13039/13040 Janata Express will be discontinued from September 01 2014 from both ends.
- To compensate, the 13131/13132 Kolkata Chitpur – Delhi Anad Vihar Terminal – Kolkata Express will stop at all the stations the above Janata Express used to stop in addition to its own stops.
- Two equally ridiculous trains, the latter has 118 stops, runs 8 hours late on average. Use them only if you have plenty of time and like to live dangerously.
Changes in Timings of Existing Trains Originating in ECoR Territory
Existing timings in brackets. All changes in timings are effective September 01 2014.
18301 Sambalpur – Rayagada Express (ECoR)
Sambalpur SBP: 0600 (0630), Bargarh Road BRGA: (0724), Balangir BLGR: (0835), Titlagarh TIG: (0955), Rayagada RGDA: 1300 (1320).
18304 Puri – Sambalpur Intercity Express (ECoR)
Puri PURI: 1520 (1525), Khurda Road KUR: (1635), Bhubaneshwar BBS: (1715), Angul ANGL: (1935), Sambalpur SBP: 2210 (2210).
18567 Visakhapatnam – Kollam Express (ECoR)
Visakhapatnam VSKP: 0830 (0900), DVD: 0900 (0932), BZA: (1510).
22203 Visakhapatnam – Secunderabad Duronto Express (SCR)
Visakhapatnam VSKP 2015 (2230), Secunderabad SC: 0615 (0800).
58301 Sambalpur – Koraput Passenger (ECoR)
Sambalpur SBP: 0715 (1045), BRGA: (1135), BLGR: (1245), TIG: (1535), RGDA: (1925), Koraput 2335 (0005).
58422 Puri – Angul Passenger (ECoR)
Puri PURI: 1550 (1540), KUR: (1700), BBS: (1730), Dhenkanal DNKL: (1915), Talcher TLHR: (2055), Angul ANGL: 2140 (2135)
58414 Puri – Talcher Passenger (ECoR)
Puri PURI: 1615 (1620), KUR: (1735), BBS: (1805), Cuttack CTC (1855), DNKL: (2023), Talcher TLHR: 2225 (2245).
58416 Puri – Cuttack passenger (ECoR)
Puri PURI: 0800 (0800), Sakhi Gopal SIL: (0826), KUR: (0925), BBS: (0955), Cuttack CTC: 1105 (1110)
58417 Puri – Gunupur Passenger (ECoR)
Puri PURI: 0800 (0830), KUR: (1000), BALU: (1140), BAM: (1315), PSA: (1600), Gunupur GNPR: 1945 (1945).
Change of Timings of Trains at Important Stations of Eastern Railway
|Train No||Train Name||Station||Destination||Cur Dep Time||New Dep Time|
Information provided here is only indicative in nature and please always confirm all information with official sources before relying on them (Contact your nearest railway station or call 139 or visit the official website of Indian Railways). This website is not an official website of the Indian Railways but is run by a railway enthusiast. The official website of the railways is http://indianrailways.gov.in.