South Eastern Railway is the second zone headquartered at Kolkata serving the states of West Bengal, Jharkhand and Odisha and is one of the biggest freight loading zones in India in addition to running many prestigious express trains. Here are the details of the new timetable announced for the year 2014-15 for trains owned and operated by SER. Date of commencement of service of all trains will be announced later.
Premium AC SF Express Trains Operated by South Eastern Railway
22822/22821 Kolkata Howrah – Pune – Howrah Biweekly Premium AC Express (SER)
- 22822 PUNE AC Premium Express will run from Kolkata Howrah HWH to Pune PUNE every Monday and Saturday. Timetable: Departs HWH: 1830 (M, Sa), TATA: 2205, BSP: 0505 (Tu, Su), NGP: 1125, BSL: 1640, PNVL: 2340, arrives PUNE: 0245 (W, M).
- 22821 HWH AC Premium Express will run from Pune PUNE to Kolkata Howrah HWH every Monday and Friday. Timetable: Departs PUNE: 1030 (M, F), PNVL: 1305, BSL: 1945, NGP: 0130 (Tu, Sa), BSP: 0715, TATA: 1420, arrives HWH: 1815 (Tu, Sa).
Route and Stoppages: Tatanagar, Bilaspur, Nagpur, Bhusaval, Panvel.
22842/22841 Kolkata Howrah – Mumbai LTT – Howrah Biweekly AC Premium Express (SER)
- 22842 LTT AC Premium Express will run from Kolkata Howrah HWH to Mumbai Kurla LTT on days to be anounced. Timetable: Departs HWH: 1830, TATA: 2205, ROU: 0028, R: 0630, NGP: 1125, BSL: 1640, arrives LTT: 2345.
- 22841 HWH AC Premium Express will run from Mumbai Kurla LTT to Kolkata Howrah HWH on days to be announced. Timetable: Departs LTT: 1320, BSL: 1940, NGP: 0130, R: 0530, ROU: 1150, TATA: 1420, arrives HWH: 1815.
Route and Stoppages: Tatanagar, Rourkela, Raipur, Nagpur, Bhusaval.
22839/22840 Kolkata Howrah – Chennai – Howrah Weekly AC Premium Express (SER)
- 22839 MAS AC Premium Express will run from Kolkata Howrah HWH to Chennai Central MAS on all Mondays. Timetable: Departs HWH: 1240 (Mon), CTC: 1846, BBS: 1915, VSKP: 0230, RJY: 0520, BZA: 0800, arrives MAS: 1450 (Tue).
- 22840 HWH AC Premium Express will run from Chennai Central MAS to Kolkata Howrah HWH on all Tuesdays. Timetable: Departs MAS: 1710 (Tue), BZA: 2355, RJY: 0145, VSKP: 0535, BBS: 1150, CTC: 1215, arrives HWH: 1830 (Wed).
Route and Stoppages: Cuttack, Bhubaneshwar, Visakhapatnam, Rajahmundry, Vijayawada.
Superfast Express Trains to be Introduced by South Eastern Railway
22863/22864 Kolkata Howrah – Bangalore Yeshwantpur – Howrah Weekly AC Express (SER)
- 22863 YPR AC Express will run from Kolkata Howrah HWH to Bangalore Yeshwantpur YPR on all Mondays. Timetable: Departs HWH: 1100 (Mon), KGP: 1241, BBS: 1640, KUR: 1730, VZM: 2215, BZA: 0440 (Tue), RU: 1030, arrives YPR: 1600 (Tue).
- 22864 HWH AC Express will run from Bangalore Yeshwantpur YPR to Kolkata Howrah HWH on all Wednesdays. Timetable: Departs YPR: 1115 (Wed), arrives HWH: 1630 (Thu).
Route and Stoppages: Kharagpur, Balasore, Cuttack, Bhubaneshwar, Khurda Road, Brahmapur, Vizianagaram, Vijayawada, Renigunta, Katpadi.
22857/22858 Kolkata Santragachi – Delhi Anand Vihar T – Santragachi Weekly SF Express (SER)
- 22857 ANVT SF Express will start running from Kolkata Santragachi SRC to Delhi Anand Vihar Terminus ANVT on all Mondays from January 13 2015. Timetable: Departs SRC: 0850 (Mon), KGP: 1045, TATA: 1250, GMO: 1720, GAYA: 2017, MGS: 2317, ALD: 0125 (Tue), CNB: 0400, arrives ANVT: 1150 (Tue).
- 22878 SRC SF Express will start running from Delhi Anand Vihar Terminus ANVT to Kolkata Santragachi SRC on all Tuesdays from January 14 2015. Timetable: Departs ANVT: 1345 (Tue), CNB: 2005, ALD: 2245, MGS: 0255 (Wed), GAYA: 0553, GMO: 0900, TATA: 1255, KGP: 1445, arrives SRC: 1700 (Wed).
Composition: 01 AC 2 tier, 01 AC 3 tier, 08 Sleeper Coaches, 05 General Unreserved, 02 SLRs (17 coaches)
Route and Stoppages: Kharagpur, Tatanagar, Purulia, NSCB Gomoh, Gaya Jn., Mughalsarai, Allahabad, Kanpur, Aligarh Jn.
Type: Express | Fare: Superfast | Halts: 9 | Distance: 1574 | Time: 1d 3h/1d 3h 15m | Speed: 58/57
Train Verdict: Some cracking runs notwithstanding, this will still be the slowest superfast between Kolkata and Delhi, taking 10 hours more than the Rajdhanis and Duronto. Accommodation classes of 10 reserved (only two AC coaches) and 7 unreserved seem to indicate this train to be aimed mostly at unreserved (migrant?) passengers who want a (comparatively) quick passage between the two Metros. It remains to be seen how much priority this train will be accorded on the ever congested “Bermuda Triangle“.
— To Be Updated —
Information provided here is only indicative in nature and please always confirm all information with official sources before relying on them (Contact your nearest railway station or call 139 or visit the official website of Indian Railways). This website is not an official website of the Indian Railways but is run by a railway enthusiast. The official website of the railways is http://indianrailways.gov.in.