Southern Railway will be doing a favor to Kerala by running namesake festival/holiday special trains on the occasion of the Onam festival in September 2013 from Chennai to all destinations in Kerala and also to Nagercoil and Tirunelveli of course. SCR will run a one-trip Hyderabad – Kollam special, ECoR will run a Vizag – Kollam bi-weekly special and NR will run a one trip New Delhi – Kochuveli service. Of course, there will be no trains from Bangalore to Kerala where it is really needed! Are these people at Southern Railway blind? All trains in this sector are either sold out or have long waiting lists!! Click on the train number to view detailed timetable.
06553/06554 Bangalore Yeshwantpur – Trivandrum Kochuveli – Yeshwantpur one trip Onam Special Train (SWR)
06553 the only Onam special from Bangalore to Kerala will leave from Bangalore Yeshwantpur Jn to Thiruvananthpuram Kochuveli on Friday September 13 2013 at 1830 and will arrive at Kochuveli at 1135 on Saturday September 14.
Route and Stops and Timetable (Schedule): Departs Bengaluru Yeshwantpur at 1830, Banaswadi: 1850, KR Puram: 1910, Bangarpet: 2005, Salem: 2325, Erode: 0025, Tiruppur: 0110, Coimbatore: 0210, Palakkad: 0330, Thrissur: 0515, Aluva: 0610, Ernakulam Town: 0645, Kottayam: 0820, Tiruvalla: 0845, Chengannur: 0855, Kayankulam: 0925, Kollam: 1010, Trivandrum Kochuveli: 1135.
06554 Onam special train will leave from Trivandrum Kochuveli to Bangalore Yeshwantpur at 2115 on Saturday September 14 2013 to arrive at Yeshwantpur at 1500 on Sunday.
Route, Stops and Abstract Timetable: Kollam: 2220, Kottayam: 0030, Ernakulam Town: 0205, Thrissur: 0330, Palakkad: 0525, Coimbatore Jn: 0650, Salem: 1005, KR Puram: 1402.
Composition: ONE AC 3 tier, 06 Sleeper Coaches, 02 Unreserved Second Sitting, 09 Unreserved General Second Class, 02 SLRs (20 coaches)
In the end it took SWR to run a charity Onam special train from Bangalore to Kerala while SR is still not bothered about the travel woes of Malayalees. They cite the (false) reason of rake unavailability or other. Will this happen in any other part of India? Why this neglect towards Kerala? Also, reservation for the train has started and is already sold out.
There are no other trains running from Bangalore to Kerala for Onam.
06003/06004 Chennai Central – Mangalore Junction – Chennai Superfast Specials (SR)
- 06003 will leave from Chennai Central MAS to Mangalore Jn on Fridays September 14 and 21 at 2100. Timings: Arrives at Mangalore Jn (Kankanadi) at 1245 the next day.
- 06004 will leave from Mangalore Jn MAQ to Chennai Central on September 15 and 22 at 1445. Timings: Arrives at Chennai Central at 0745 the next day.
Stoppages: Arakkonam, Katpadi, Gudiyattam, Vaniyambadi, Jolarpettai, Salem, Erode, Tiruppur, Coimbatore, Palakkad, Shoranur, Kuttipuram, Tirur, Kozhikkode, Vadakara, Thalassery, Kannur, Payyanur, Kanjangad, Kasaragod.
Composition: ONE AC 2 tier, 04 AC3 tier, 11 Sleepers, 03 General Second Class, 02 SLRs.
Number of Services: 04 (02 trips each way)
06304/06303, 06306/06305 Nagercoil – Mangalore Jn – Nagercoil Onam Specials (SR)
(Via Kerala: Trivandrum – Kollam – Kottayam – Ernakulam Town – Shornur – Kozhikode – Kannur. Runs on Sept 11, 13, 18 from NCJ/TVC and on Sept 12, 14, 19 from MAJN under two different numbers and slightly varying schedules.)
- 06304 Onam Special train will leave from Nagercoil NCJ to Mangalore Jn. on Wednesdays Sept 11, 18 at 2035. Timings: Departs Trivandrum at 2215, Kollam at 2315, Kottayam at 0105, Ernakulam Town at 0225, Thrissur at 0350, Shoranur at 0450, Kozhikkode at 0625, Kannur at 0815 and arrives at Mangalore Jn (Kankanadi) at 1120.
- 06306 Onam special will leave from Nagercoil Jn NCJ to Mangalore Jn on Friday September 13 at 2105. Timings: Departs Trivandrum at 2250, Ernakulam Town at 0350, Shornur at 0615, Kozhikode at 0805, Kannur at 1000 and arrives at Mangalore Jn at 1230.
- 06303 Onam Special Express will leave from Mangalore Jn MAJN to Nagercoil on Thursdays Sept 12, 19 at 1440. Timings: Departs Kannur at 1605, Kozhikode at 1745, Shoranur at 2020, Ernakulam Town at 2225, Kottayam at 2325, Kollam at 0125, Trivandrum at 0245 and arrives at Nagercoil at 0415.
- 06305 Onam special will leave from Mangalore Jn MAJN to Nagercoil on September 14 at 1335. Timings: Departs Kannur at 1605, Kozhikode at 1745, Shoranur at 2015, Ernakulam Town at 2230, Trivandrum at 0310, arrives at Nagercoil Jn at 0445.
Composition: ONE AC 2 tier, 03 AC 3 tier, 8 Sleeper Coaches, 04 General Second Class, 02 SLRs.
Route and Stoppages: Eraniel, Kulitturai, Neyyatinkara, Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Kayankulam, Chengannur, Tiruvalla, Kottayam, Ernakulam Town, Aluva, Thrisur, Shoranur Jn., Kuttipuram, Tirur, Kozhikkode, Vadakara, Thalassery, Kannur, Payyanur, Kanhangad and Kasaragod.
06346/06345 Ernakulam Jn – Chennai Central – Ernakulam Specials (SR)
- 06346 Onam Superfast Special will leave from Ernakulam Jn ERS to Chennai Central on Wednesdays September 05 and 12 at 1700. Timings: Departs Thrissur at 1820, Palakkad at 1950, Coimbatore at 2120, Salem at 0005, arrives Chennai Central at 0745.
- 06345 Onam Superfast Special will leave from Chennai Central MAS to Ernakulam on Thursdays September 06 and 13 at 2100. Timings: Departs Salem at 0030, Coimbatore at 0305, Palakkad at 0420, Trissur at 0555, arrives at Ernakulam Jn at 0830.
Composition: ONE AC 2 tier, 02 AC 3 tier, 11 Sleeper Coaches, 02 General Second, 02 SLRs.
Route and Stoppages: Ernakulam Town (towards ERS only) Aluva, Thrissur, Ottapalam, Palakkad, Coimbatore, Tirupur, Erode, Salem, Jolarpettai, Vaniyambadi, Gudiyattam, Katpadi, Arakkonam, Perambur (towards MAS only).
06745 Chennai Central – Trivandrum – Tirunelveli One Way Special (SR)
- 06745 will will leave from Chennai Central MAS to Tirunelveli via Thiruvananthapuram on Thursday September 13 at 1515. Timings: Departs Arakkonam at 1615, Salem at 1950, Coimbatore at 2245, Palakkad at 0005, Thrissur at 0110, Ernakulam Town at 0240, Kottayam at 0345, Kollam at 0545, Trivandrum Central at 0715, Nagercoil Town at 0930 and arrives at Tirunelveli at 1100.
Composition: ONE AC 2 tier, 02 AC 3 tier, 10 Sleeper Class, 06 General Second Class, 02 SLRs.
Route and Stops: Arakkonam, Katpadi, Gudiyattam, Vaniyambadi, Jolarpettai, Salem, Erode, Tiruppur, Coimbatore, Palakkad, Thrissur, Aluva, Ernakulam Town, Kottayam, Tiruvalla, Chengannur, Kayankulam, Kollam, Thiruvananthapuram, Neyyattinkara, Kulitturai, Eraniel, Nagercoil Town, Valliyur.
08569/08570 Visakhapatnam – Kollam – Visakhapatnam Bi-Weekly Onam Special (ECoR)
- 08569 Onam Special train will leave from Visakhapatnam VSKP to Kollam Kerala on Sundays and Thursdays September 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 26, 29 at 0900. Timings: Departs from Rajahmundry at 1154, Vijayawada at 1510, Nellore at 1858, Salem at 0320, Coimbatore at 0630, Palakkad at 0800, Thrissur at 0920, Ernakulam Town at 1042, Kottayam at 1150, arrives at Kollam at 1410.
- 08570 Onam Special train will leave from Kollam QLN to Visakhapatnam on Mondays and Fridays September 9, 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, 30 at 2100. Timings: Departs Kottayam: 2255, Ernakulam Town: 0025, Palakkad: 0340, Salem: 0815, Tirupati: 1325, Nellore: 1612, Vijayawada: 2015, Rajahmundry: 2138, arrives at Vizag at 0125.
Route and Stoppages: Duvvada, Yellamanchili, Samalkot, Rajahmundry, Eluru, Vijayawada, Tenali, Bapatla, Ongole, Nellore, Gudur, Renigunta, Katpadi, Jolarpettai, Salem, Erode, Tiruppur, Coimbatore, Palakkad, Thrissur, Ernakulam Town, Kottayam.
Composition: ONE AC 2 tier, 01 AC 3 tier, 07 Sleeper Coaches, 06 General Second Class, 02 SLRs (17 coaches)
07166/07165 Hyderabad – Kollam – Hyderabad One Trip Onam Special (SCR)
- 07166 will leave from Hyderabad Deccan Nampally HYB to Kollam Kerala on Saturday September 14 2013 at 1555. Timings: Departs Secunderabad: 1430, Kazipet: 1642, Vijayawada: 2030, Nellore: 0022, Tirupati: 0450, Salem: 1125, Palakkad: 1540, Ernakulam Town: 1835, Kottayam: 2010, arrives at Kollam at 2225.
- 07165 will leave from Kollam QLN Kerala to Hyderabad on Monday September 16 2013 at 2100. Timings: Departs Kottayam: 2255, Ernakulam Town: 0025, Palakkad: 0340, Salem: 0800, Nellore: 1502, Vijayawada: 1925, Warangal: 0016, Secunderabad: 0335, arrival at Hyderabad at 0410.
Route and Stoppages: Secunderabad, Kazipet, Warangal, Mahaboobabad, Dornakal, Khammam, Vijayawada, Tenali, Nidubrolu, Bapatla, Chirala, Ongole, Kavali, Nellore, Gudur, Venkatagiri, Sri Kalahasti, Renigunta, Tirupati, Chitoor, Katpadi, Gudiyattam, Ambur, Vaniyambadi, Jolarpettai, Salem, Erode, Tiruppur, Coimbatore, Podanur, Palakkad, Thrissur, Aluva, Ernakulam Town, Kottayam, Tiruvalla, Chengannur, Kayamkulam.
Composition: ONE AC 3 tier, 01 AC 2 tier, 10 Sleeper Coaches, 04 General Second Class, 2 SLRs (16 Coaches)
04096/04095 New Delhi- Kochuveli – New Delhi Onam Superfast AC Special (NR)
- 04096 Onam special will leave from New Delhi NDLS to Thiruvananthapuram Kochuveli on Thursday September 12 2013 at 1330. Timings: Departs Kota at 0620, Vadodara at 1440, Surat at 1640, Panvel at 2240, Madgaon at 0835, Mangalore Jn at 1455, Kozhikode at 1825, Shoranur at 2020, Ernakulam Town at 2225, Kottayam at 2325, Kollam at 0125, arrives at reach Kochuveli at 0245 Saturday.
- 04095 Onam special will leave from Trivandrum Kochuveli KCVL to New Delhi on Tuesday September 17 2013 at 0940. Timings: arrives at New Delhi at 1520 Thursday.
Composition: ONE First AC, 04 AC 2 tier, 08 AC 3 tier coaches, 02 EOGs (15 Coaches) LHB Rake
Route and Stoppages: Mathura, Sawai Madhopur, Kota, Nagda, Ratlam, Dahod, Godhra, Vadodara, Bharuch, Surat, Navsari, Valsad, Vapi, Basai Road, Panvel, Roha, Chiplun, Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg. Pernem, Madgaon, Karwar, Udupi, Mangalore Jn, Kasaragod, Kannur, Kozhikode, Tirur Shoranur, Thrissur, Aluva, Ernakulam Town, Kottayam, Tiruvalla, Chengannur, Kayamkulam, Kollam.
06746 Tirunelveli – Karur – Chennai Central One Way Special (SR)
- 06746 will leave from Tirunelveli to Chennai Central on Wednesday September 12 at 1800. Timings: arrives Chennai Central at 0830 the next day.
Composition: ONE AC 2 tier, 02 AC 3 tier, 10 Sleeper Class, 06 General Second Class, 02 SLRs.
Route and Stops: Vanchi Maniyachchi, Kovilpatti, Sattur, Virudhunagar, Madurai, Dindigul, Karur, Mohanur, Namakkal, Rasipuram, Jolarpettai, Vaniyambadi, Gudiyattam, Katpadi, Arakkonam and Perambur.
06005/06006 Chennai Central – Nagercoil – Chennai Central Specials (SR)
(via Chennai Egmore – Trichy – Madurai – Tirunelveli) Timetable and Days of Operation:
- 06005 will leave from Chennai Central to Nagercoil on September 07 Saturday at 1740. Timings: Departs Egmore at 1830, Trichy at 0050, Madurai at 0410, Tirunelveli at 0755, Arrives at Nagercoil at 0930.
- 06006 will leave from Nagercoil to Chennai Central on September 08 Sunday at 1320. Timings: Departs Nagercoil at 1320, Tirunvelveli at 1445, Madurai at 1730, Trichy at 2105, Egmore at 0420, Arrives at Chennai Central at 0500.
Composition: ONE AC 2 tier, 04 AC3 tier, 11 Sleeper Coaches, 03 General Second, 02 SLRs.
Route and Stops: Chennai Egmore, Tambaram, Chengalpattu, Villupuram, Virudhachalam, Tiruchchirappalli, Dindigul, Madurai, Virudhunagar, Sattur, Kovilpatti, Vanchi Maniyachchi, Tirunelveli, Valliyur.
Reservation for these trains are already open. Information provided here is only indicative in nature and please always confirm all information with official sources before relying on them (Contact your nearest railway station or call 139 or visit the official website of Indian Railways). This website is not an official website of the Indian Railways but is run by a railway enthusiast. The official website of the railways is http://indianrailways.gov.in