Eastern Railway is one of the original Indian Railway zones established in 1952 and took care of the entire eastern part of the country from its headquarters at Howrah in Kolkata. And here are the major features of the new time table of the Eastern Railway which came into effect from July 01 2013.
Changes in Timetables of Major Trains in Eastern Railway
(Click on the train number for revised timetable)
13115/13116 Sealdah – Rampurhat – Sealdah Express
- Converted to Superfast and renumbered 12373/12374
- 13115 will depart from Sealdah at 0905 instead of 1300 on Wed, Fri, Sun instead of Tue, Thu, Sun
- 13116 will depart from Rampurhat on Mon, Thu, Sat instead of Mon, Wed, Fri.
- 13014 will leave Rampurhat on Sun, Wed, Fri instead of Sun, Tue, Thu
- 13013 Barddhaman – Rampurhat Express will leave BWN on Mon, Thu, Sat instead of Mon, Wed, Fri.
- No changes in timings or stops.
(Funny two pairs of daytime tri-weekly intercity trains together running 12 trips a week using a single rake with the shorter one running half the route of the longer one)
- Extended to Lalgola from Berhampore Court with halts at Murshidabad and Jiaganj
- 13117 Departs Kolkata at 1610 instead of 2030, arrives/departs Berhampore Court at 1959/2001 and arrives at Lalgola at 2105.
- 13118 Departs Lalgola at 0625 to arrive at Kolkata Chitpur at 1135 as it does now.
- 13017 will arrive at Azimganj one hour earlier at 1205 instead of 1305
- 13018 will depart Azimganj at 1540 instead of 1530. No change in timings at Howrah.
- 12249 will depart from Howrah on Saturdays at 1840 instead of 1710 on Thursdays to reach NDLS on Sundays at 1125 instead of 1050 on Fridays.
- 12250 will depart from New Delhi at 2005 instead of 1610 on Sundays to arrive at Howrah at 1225 instead of 1040 on Mondays.
- New Timetable for the Yuva exp will come into effect from September 17 and 18 2013.
13503/13504 Sealdah – Asansol – Sealdah Intercity Express
- Renumbered 12383/12384 and converted to superfast
- 12383 Departs Sealdah at 1700 instead of 1640 and 12384 departs Asansol at 0645 instead of 0635.
22406 Delhi Anand Vihar T – Bhagalpur Garib Rath Express has been speeded up to arrive at Bhagalpur 50 minutes earlier, at 1050 instead of 1130.
53177 Sealdah – Lalgola Passenger will leave Sealdah at 1640 instead of 1700. Bummer for office commuters
12306 New Delhi – Howrah Rajdhani Express will arrive at Howrah at 1240 instead of 1235.
12303 Howrah – New Delhi Poorva Express (via Patna) will leave Howrah 5 minutes earlier at 0805 instead of 0810.
Renumbered Trains with no Changes in Timetable
13317/13318 Howrah – Dhanbad – Howrah Black Diamond Express converted into Superfast and renumbered 22387/22388.
19605/19606 Kolkata – Ahmedabad – Kolkata Express New Number: 19414/19413
Trains to have Operating Frequency Increased to Run Daily
13409/13410 Malda Town – Jamalpur – Malda Town Intercity Express
13465/13466 Howrah – Malda Town – Howrah Intercity Express
37343 Howrah – Tarakeshwar Local
37372 Arambagh – Howrah Local (Old number 37350)
…Will be updated…