New trains presented in the 2013-14 Trains at a Glance (TAAG) timetable for Indian Railways, specifically for Southern Railway. This is excluding the trains which have already started running.
New AC Superfast Expresses for Southern Railway
22631/22632 Chennai Central – Bikaner – Chennai Central Weekly AC Superfast Express (SR)
Route: Vijayawada – Balharshah – Bhopal – Ujjain – Kota – Jaipur.
Days of Service and Timings
- 22631 will leave Chennai Central every Thursday at 2100 to arrive at Bikaner every Saturday at 1800.
- 22632 will leave Bikaner every Sunday at 1350 to arrive at Chennai every Tuesday at 1055.
Stoppages: Sullurupeta, Gudur, Nellore, Ongole, Vijayawada, Khammam, Warangal, Ramagundam, Sirpur Kagaznagar, Balharshah, Chandrapur, Nagpur, Itarsi, Bhopal, Bairagarh, Sehore, Shujalpur, Ujjain, Nagda, Kota, Sawai Madhopur, Banasthali Niwai, Durgapura, Jaipur, Phulera Jn, Makrana, Degana, Nagaur, Nokha.
Composition: ONE AC First Class, 3 AC 2-tier, 9 AC 3-tier, 1 AC Pantry Car, 2 EOG (16 Coaches).
22808/22807 Chennai Central – Kolkata Santragachi – Chennai Central Bi-Weekly AC Superfast Express (SER)
Started Running on January 24 2014.
- 22808 leaves at 0755 from Chennai Central MAS every Sunday and Thursday to arrive at Kolkata Santraganchi SRC every Monday and Friday at 1025.
Timings: BZA: 1435, VSKP: 2055, BBS: 0325, KGP: 0835.
- 22807 leaves at 1900 from Kolkata Santraganchi SRC every Tuesday and Friday to arrive at Chennai Central MAS every Wednesday and Saturday at 2245.
Timings: KGP: 2032, BBS: 0125, VSKP: 0845, BZA: 1510.
Route and Stoppages: Sullurupeta, Gudur, Nellore, Ongole, Vijayawada, Rajamundry, Samalkot, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, Khurda Road, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Bhadrak, Balasore, Kharagpur
Composition: ONE AC First Class, 4 AC 2-tier, 10 AC 3-tier, 1 AC Pantry Car, 2 EOG (18 Coaches)
New Regular Superfast Expresses for Southern Railway
22636/22635 Mangalore Central – Madgaon – Mangalore Central Daily Superfast Intercity Express (SR)
Route: via Konkan Railway (Udupi, Karwar)
- 22636 will leave Mangalore Central MAQ Daily morning at 0815 to arrive at Madgaon MAO (Goa) at 1400 everyday.
- 22635 will leave Madgaon MAO (Goa) Daily afternoon at 1615 to arrive at Mangalore Central MAQ at 2200 everyday.
Stoppages: Suratkal, Udupi, Bhatkal, Kumta, Karwar, Canacona.
Composition: 2 AC Chair Cars, 14 Second Class Chair Cars, 1 Pantry Car, 2 SLRD.
22633/22634 Thiruvananthapuram Central – Delhi Hazrat Nizamuddin – Trivandrum Central Weekly Superfast Express (SR)
Route: Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Shoranur, Mangalore Jn, Konkan, Panvel, Vadodara, Kota.
- 22633 will leave at 1445 from Thiruvananthapuram Central TVC every Wednesday to arrive at Delhi Hazrat Nizamuddin NZM on Fridays at 1420.
- 22634 will leave at 2350 from Delhi Hazrat Nizamuddin NZM every Friday to arrive at Trivandrum Central TVC at 0245 on Mondays.
Stoppages: Kollam, Kayankulam, Alappuzha, Ernakulam Jn., Thrisur, Shoranur Jn., Kozhikode, Kannur, Kasaragod, Mangalore Jn., Udupi, Karwar, Madgaon, Pernem, Ratnagiri, Chiplun, Sindhudurg, Panvel, Vasai Road, Surat, Vadodara, Ratlam, Kota, Sawai Madhopur, Bharatpur, Mathura Jn.
Composition: 2 AC 2-tier Sleeper, 4 AC 3-tier Sleeper, 6 Sleeper Class, 6 General Second Class, 2 SLRD (20 Coaches).
22114/22113 Trivandrum Kochuveli – Mumbai Kurla Lokmanya Tilak T – Kochuveli Bi-Weekly Superfast Express (CR)
Train started running from January 27 2014.
- 22114 leaves at 0035 from Trivandrum Kochuveli KCVL every Monday and Thursday to arrive at Mumbai Kurla LTT on Tuesdays and Fridays at 0410.
- 22113 leaves at 1655 from Mumbai Kurla LTT every Tuesday and Saturday to arrive at Trivandrum Kochuveli KCVL at 2030 on Wednesdays and Sundays.
Route and Stoppages: (via Konkan) Kollam, Kayankulam, Chengannur, Tiruvalla, Kottayam, Ernakulam Town, Thrissur, Shoranur Jn., Tirur, Kozhikode, Thalassery Kannur, Kasaragod, Mangalore Jn, Udupi, Karwar, Madgaon, Pernem, Sindhudurg, Ratnagiri, Chiplun, Panvel, Thane.
Composition: 1 AC 2-tier, 2 AC 3-tier, 6 Sleeper Class, 6 General Second Class, 2 SLRD (17 Coaches).
New Regular Express Trains in Southern Railway
16183/16184 Chennai Egmore – Thanjavur – Chennai Egmore Daily ‘Uzhavan’ Express (SR)
Train started running from September 01 2013.
- 16183 leaves at 2330 from Chennai Egmore MS to Thanjavur TJ Every Day.
Timings: Departs from CGL at 0030, VM at 0245, MV at 0520, KMU at 0555, arrives TJ at 0715.
- 16184 leaves at 2045 from Thanjavur TJ to Chennai Egmore MS Every Day.
Timings: Departs from KMU at 2125, MV at 2230, VM at 0120, CGL at 0330, arrives MS at 0455.
Route and Stoppages: Tambaram, Chengalpattu, Melmaruvathur, Tindivanam, Villupuram, Cuddalore Port Jn., Chidambaram, Mayiladuthurai, Kuttalam, Aduthurai, Kumbakonam, Papanasam. 16184 will stop at Mambalam also.
Composition: ONE AC First Class cum AC 2-tier Coach, 1 AC 2-tier, 1 AC 3-tier, 9 Sleeper Class, 4 General Second Class, 2 SLRD (18 Coaches)
16618/16617 Coimbatore – Rameswaram – Coimbatore Weekly Express
Started Running from September 17 2013.
- 16618 leaves at 1945 from Coimbatore Jn CBE every Tuesday to arrive at Rameswaram RMM at 0645 on Wednesdays.
- 16617 leaves at 1900 from Rameshwaram RMM every Wednesday at 1900 to arrive at Coimbatore CBE at 0640 on Thursdays.
Route and Stoppages: Tiruppur, Erode, Karur, Tiruchchirappalli, Pudukkottai, Chettinad, Karaikkudi, Devakottai Road, Sivaganga, Manamadurai, Paramakudi, Ramanathapuram, Mandapam. 16617 will stop at Coimbatore North also.
Composition: ONE AC 2-tier, 3 AC 3-tier, 13 Sleeper Class, 2 General Second Class, 2 SLRD (17 Coaches).
16003/16004 Chennai Central – Nagarsol (for Sai Nagar Shirdi) – Chennai Central Weekly Express
Route: Arakkonam, Renigunta, Gooty, Kurnool, Kacheguda, Nanded, Aurangabad.
- 16003 will leave Chennai Central every Sunday at 0915 to arrive at Nagarsol on Mondays at 1155.
- 16004 will leave Nagarsol on Monday at 1315 to arrive at Chennai Central at 1515 on Tuesdays.
Stoppages: Arakkonam, Tiruttani, Puttur, Renigunta, Razampeta, Cuddapah, Yerraguntla, Tadipatri, Gooty, Dhone, Kurnool Town, Gadwal, Mahbubnagar, Kacheguda, Malkajgiri, Kamareddi, Basar, Mudkhed, Hazoor Saheb Nanded, Purna, Parbhani, Jalna, Aurangabad.
Composition: ONE AC 2-tier, 4 AC 3-tier, 11 Sleeper Class, 3 General Second Class, 2 SLRD (21 Coaches).
16861/16862 Puducherry – Kanniyakumari – Puducherry Weekly Express
Started running on July 13 2013 from PDY and on July 14 2103 from CAPE.
Route and Timetable: via Villupuram, Mayiladuthurai, Trichy, Manamadurai, Tirunelveli.
- 16861 leaves at 1130 from Puducherry PDY on Thursdays to arrive at Kanyakumari CAPE at 0315 on Fridays.
- 16862 leaves at 1335 from Kanyakumari CAPE on Fridays to arrive at Puducherry PDY at 0525 on Saturdays.
Stoppages: Villupuram, Tiruppadirippuliyur, Cuddalore Port Jn, Chidambaram, Sirkazhi, Mayiladuthurai, Kumbakonam, Thanjavur, Tiruchchirappalli Jn., Pudukkottai, Karaikkudi, Devakottai Road, Sivaganga, Manamadurai, Aruppukkottai, Virudunagar, Satur, Kovilpatti, Tirunelveli, Valliyur, Nagercoil Jn.
Composition: ONE AC 2-tier, 2 AC 3-tier, 5 Sleeper Class, 6 General Second Class, 2 SLRD (17 Coaches).
Mostly Useless in terms of route, timings and days of service.
[highlight]17235/17236 Bangalore City – Nagercoil Jn – Bangalore City Daily Express (SCR?)[/highlight]
Started Running from February 08 2014.
- 17235 leaves from Bangalore City SBC to Nagercoil Jn NCJ at 1700 Every Day.
Timings: HSRA: 1810, SA: 2220, NMKL: 2315, DG: 0150 (next day), MDU: 0250, TEN: 0545, arrives NCJ at 0750 (Next day).
- 17236 leaves from Nagercoil Jn NCJ to Bangalore City SBC at 1650 Every Day.
Timings: TEN: 1745, MDU: 2050, DG: 2230, NMKL: 0016 (next day), SA: 0250, HSRA: 0700, arrives SBC at 0905 (Next day).
Route and Stoppages: Bangalore Cantt., Hosur, Dharmapuri, Salem, Namakkal, Karur, Dindigul, Madurai, Virudunagar, Satur, Kovilpatti, Tirunelveli, Valliyur.
Composition: ONE AC 2-tier Sleeper, 2 AC 3-tier Sleeper, 9 Sleeper Class, 3 General Second Class, 2 SLRD (17 Coaches).
The rake of Seshadri Express of SCR Vijayawada Division is being used for this train, whose number suggests it belongs to the Hyderabad division of SCR. An SCR rake for a train that runs only through SR and SWR and doesn’t even touch SCR. Also, probably the most important train launched in Tamil Nadu in the past decade.
New Passenger Trains, MEMUs and DEMUs in Southern Railway
56339/56340 Punalur – Kollam – Punalur Daily Passenger
- 56339 from Punalur at 0605, reaches Kollam Jn at 0730.
- 56340 from Kollam at 2100, reaches Punalur at 2255.
56663/56664 Kozhikode – Thrissur – Kozhikode Daily Passenger
- 56663 from Kozhikode at 0740, reaches Thrissur at 1100.
- 56664 from Thrissur at 1735, reaches Kozhikode at 2055.
56367/56368 Guruvayur – Thrissur – Guruvayur Daily Passenger
- 56367 from Guruvayur at 0020, reaches Thrissur at 0100.
- 56368 from Thrissur at 0200, reaches Guruvayur at 0240.
Yes, you read it right, in the middle of the night!!
66307/66308 Ernakulam – Kollam – Ernakulam MEMU via Kottayam (6 Days a week)
- 66307 from Ernakulam at 0515, Kottayam at 0652 and Kollam at 0945.
- 66308 from Kollam at 1115, Kottayam at 1313 and Ernakulam at 1525.
66309/66310 Ernakulam – Kollam – Ernakulam Midnight MEMU via Alappuzha (6 days a week)
- 66309 from Ernakulam at 1930, Alappuzha 2102, Kollam at 2305.
- 66310 from Kollam at 0010, Alappuzha 0150, Ernakulam at 0425.
This is the real joke! A MEMU (local) train in the middle of the night!! A joke made out of an entire state of people LOL.
56769/56770 Palani – Tiruchendur – Palani Daily Passenger
- 56769 from Palani at 0745, reaches Tiruchendur at 1600.
- 56770 from Tiruchendur at 1000, reaches Palani at 1910.
66011/66012 Chennai Central – Tirupati – Chennai Central Daily MEMU
- 66011 from Chennai at 0930, reaches Tirupati at 1310.
- 66012 from Tirupati at 1720, reaches Chennai at 2120.
Stoppages: Villivakkam, Tiruninravur, Tiruvallur, Kadambattur, Tiruvalangadu, Arakkonam, Tiruttani, Ekambarakuppam, Puttur, Renigunta. Return train 66012 will stop at Avadi and Perambur also.
Introduction of all these trains will be notified later. Please always confirm with official sources. This website is not an official website of the Indian Railways. The official website of the railways is http://indianrailways.gov.in.